Best Apps for Senior Citizens to Make Their Life Better and Enjoyable
Retirement should be the best phase of your life. After years of hard work, this should be the time to enjoy all the fruits of your labor. But unfortunately for many senior citizens in India, retirement is a time of isolation and insecurity. You can suddenly find yourself with too much free time and no social circle to fill it.
One way to combat the monotony of retired life is to get involved in activities that improve your life and make it more enjoyable. In this blog post, we will talk about some of the best apps for senior citizens that can help you live an empowered life after retirement.
Let's talk about some apps for seniors that can make your life convenient in different spheres of life. One category is health and fitness apps that can help you stay active and healthy. There are a variety of health and fitness apps available, it is important to find the one that fits your needs. Let's discuss a few. If you are looking for an app to track your physical activity, you can look for apps like Step Tracker Pedometer. If you are looking for an app to help you stay healthy mentally, you can explore apps, such as Headspace or Calm.
Another category of apps that can be helpful for seniors is productivity apps. These apps can help you stay organized and efficient with your time. There are several options available in this category. These apps can help you keep track of your tasks and deadlines, making it easier to stay on top of things.
So if you're looking for some new ways to spend your time in retirement, while also making your life easier, be sure to check out some of these apps for seniors!
- HealthifyMe: This app is a comprehensive fitness app that has customized programs for every diet preference. It offers dietician-approved meals, tailored workout plans, and trackers to help users stay on track. It also has a live chat feature that allows users to get expert guidance from certified trainers and nutritionists. This is one of the best apps for seniors in the health category.
- Blinkit/Swiggy Instamart - It can prove to be a very useful app for seniors as it provides with a convenient option to get groceries delivered directly to your doorsteps. It also offers a wide selection of products to choose from, so you can find everything you need in one place. This service can help reduce the time you spend on grocery shopping, giving you more time to enjoy your day.
- Practo - The Practo app can be incredibly helpful for senior citizens of India. It allows users to connect with India's top doctors on video consultations, 24/7. This means that you can get the medical help from the comfort of your own home. With the help of this category of apps for seniors, you can age gracefully and confidently!
- Medisafe Pill Reminder - This app is a great way to keep track of medications, both prescription and over-the-counter. It sends reminders to take medications at the correct time, and it also stores information about medications so it’s easily accessible in case of an emergency.
- Norton Password Manager - It can be helpful for senior citizens in India because it makes it easier to keep track of all your passwords and usernames. With the built-in password generator, you can create unique and secure passwords for all your accounts. This will help you stay safe online and access your favorite sites faster.
- Happify - If you're feeling down, this app can help. It uses games and activities to boost your mood. They have gamified the experience and developed app experiences with positive psychology and CBT techniques, so they can help you cope with stress, achieve mindfulness through meditation, and conquer negative thoughts. Building self-confidence is another key goal of the app, so you can feel good about yourself every day.
- Oscar Family- It is a family app that connects seniors with family and friends. The app is easy to use, with large buttons and print for seniors. Family members can also Help seniors remotely from their own app. Oscar Family makes it easy for everyone to stay connected, no matter the distance between them.
Read: Running Out of Money in Retirement
You might feel the need to update your lifestyle after retirement—maybe you want to stay active and practice meditation, maybe you want to save money on everyday expenses, or maybe you just want to find new ways to socialize and stay connected with the world around you. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of apps for seniors out there that can help make life better for senior citizens of India like you. So go ahead and download a few—you might be surprised at how helpful they can be!
Please note - All the apps mentioned in this article are purely based on recommendation, we are not promoting or endorsing any of these mobile applications.